Well, obviously the first thing to do is to register on the site. If you don’t register, all you can do is read and some of the pages will always be hidden from non-members (such as contests). This is because I am doing everything I can to keep the amount of spam on the site to a minimum. You also cannot contribute to the site unless you have an user identity.
All registered users are set with a status of “Contributor”. This means they can (1)comment on existing posts, (2)submit a new post (but it will be
reviewed before it appears on the site), (3) upload files, (4) add an event,
(5) ban a user from the site, create a personal ‘to-do’ list and, of course, (6)edit your own profile and (7)upload an avatar and/or a photo. Although registration on the main site doesn’t automatically register you in the gallery application, I do receive an email notification and will generally do the cross link within a couple of days so it won’t be necessary to log into each area.
I try to review the user list on a weekly basis and users I recognize (as being UFOS) are promoted to “Author” status, which gives them more capabilities. A summary of capabilities are listed below.
Summary of Roles
- Administrator – Somebody who has access to all the administration features
- Editor – Somebody who can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people’s posts, etc.
- Author – Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish posts
- Subscriber – Somebody who can read comments/comment/receive news letters, etc
This is the link to all the administration functions you are allowed to perform <b>at your user level</b>. It will take you to your personal version of the dashboard to get you started. I suggest you start with editing your profile. What you enter here will appear on our Membership page as well as the “Author’s Bio” page that is linked to from anything you post. I suggest that you upload a photo or/and an avatar to be used when displaying your posts. Then you can write a post