Disc Golf is a universal sport that can be played by everyone. It can be played from school age to old age, making it the one of the greatest lifetime fitness sports available. Our club has members as young as eleven and as old as seventy-three. One of our members has a PDGA member number of 32, playing in the Pro Senior Grand-Master Division. Current membership numbers are issued in the 70000 number range.
- It's inexpensive to get started. A golf disc usually costs less than $15.00 and you only need 3 to get started (well, you could actually push it and start off with one).
- It's a great way to get mild cardio-vascular workout while enjoying the fresh air, sights and sounds of the beautiful outdoors.
- It's an easy way to meet a great bunch of players and form life- long friendships.
- Specially-abled and disabled participate, giving them the opportunity to take part in a mainstream activity.
- It's easy to learn and there are always players who are only too happy to introduce someone to the sport.
- Players play with others at the same level of ability, or they can opt to play with those who will challenge them further.
- Courses can be found in almost every state in the U.S. and in countries worldwide.
- The P.D.G.A. (Professional Disc Golf Association), our governing body, sanctions events for men, women and juniors of every skill level from novice to professional.
- It's never a bad day for Disc Golf 🙂